You’ve been trying really hard to increase your business productivity and improve efficiency but nothing seems to work. With all the distractions and fatigue you’re experiencing on a daily basis, the battle to stay productive seems like an endless pursuit.
You often find your workday becoming unmanageable. You start each day with the intention of accomplishing a lot, but soon find yourself becoming sidetracked, focusing on low-priority tasks, and, simply, procrastinating.
So how can you regain control of your time?
If you find yourself struggling to stay on task, there are a few things you can do to improve your productivity. By making a productivity plan to fit your specific working style, you can set yourself up for success.
1. Trust the small steps. It is unreasonable to expect to flip years of work ethic overnight- but that doesn’t mean change isn’t possible. Marginal improvements to your productivity can compound over time to make a significant difference. To start, try implementing one new tip, and keep building from there as you discover which strategies work best for you.
2. Be accountable. Whether its being honest with yourself about a goal you set or being accountable to someone else, having to answer to someone often provides the extra push needed to get the job done.
3. Create a Marketing Calendar. Businesses need marketing to survive. Without it, they might choke to death. To manage your marketing while still being able to run your business on a day-to-day basis, consider creating a marketing calendar. This will make it simpler for you to track and manage your marketing efforts and keep your more organized.
4. Automate your tasks. Time is money, as they say. And that’s especially true when it comes to running a business. You can free up a lot of time by automating tasks that you would otherwise have to do manually. This can help you to be more productive overall. There are many affordable automation software options available, such as Zapier, Hootsuite, IBM, Xero, and more.
So there’s no excuse not to take advantage of this technology.
5. Delegate. One way to improve productivity in the workplace is by delegating tasks to others. However, some business owners find this difficult to do. Why?
Because of fear of people messing up on a task. Fear of the job not being done as expected. Yes, delegating tasks to others can be scary — but it can be effective, too. Why not start by giving it a try and see where it takes you to? You may be surprised at the results it brings.
6. Manage Distractions. One of the key elements to being productive is identifying and removing distractions. Social media and online messaging are two huge distractions that can take up a lot of time. That’s why it’s important to manage your time by making a priority list and limiting interruptions. If you want to be productive, try to set aside 15-30 minutes every day specifically for replying to online messages, emails, and getting updated info through your social media.
7. Check your Workflow. It is important to frequently review your workflow in order to determine what is efficient and what needs improvement. Doing so will helps identify areas where your business operations may be lagging and lead to quicker resolutions. One method of improving your workflow is by reducing the number of incomplete projects.
8. Manage your expenses. Maintaining a high level of productivity and profitability requires careful management of expenses. Keep track of your daily, weekly, and monthly expenses to ensure your business is successful.
9. Teamwork. An effective team is key to achieving maximum production efficiency. Encourage teamwork amongst your staff, enhance their performance, and reinforce team roles. Make sure they know their set responsibilities and that they are held accountable for any tasks given to them. Also, recognize their good performance and reward them for a job well done..
10. Priorities. Remember, it’s not about the amount of time you have, it’s how you spend it. Keeping this perspective in mind will help take control of your day. Rather than feeling overwhelmed and pressed for time to accomplish everything on your list, identify your top priorities and focus on those. You can deal with the others at a later time.
I hope you have found value in this post. I’m confident that with these productivity tips, you will be able to achieve more in the same amount of time, therefore reducing stress and accomplishing more than ever before.